Can You Power Wash Windows?
Window washing is a tedious task that can be easily cleaned with a power washer. The pressure of the water will clean the dirt and debris off the windows and make them sparkle. To power wash windows, you will need:
- A power washer (can be rented from a hardware store or garden center)
- Protective gloves and goggles for safety
- Window cleaning detergent or soap (optional)
Once you have all the necessary supplies, follow these simple steps to get a clean, streak-free finish on your windows:
- Attach the pressure wand to the end of your power washer. Make sure that it is securely fastened so that it does not fall off while you are cleaning. Protective gloves and goggles should be worn at all times for safety. If desired, mix a small amount of window cleaning detergent with water in a spray bottle and use it to wipe down the windows with a sponge. This will remove any excess dirt or debris and help ensure that you get a streak-free finish on your windows.
- Start at the top of the window and work your way down, using short, slow strokes to thoroughly clean each pane of glass. When cleaning vertical surfaces such as windows, it is important to keep the wand parallel to the surface so that water does not blow back onto your face or body. If you do notice streaks after cleaning a section of glass, take a clean microfiber cloth and gently wipe over any areas where this has occurred until they disappear.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all of your windows are clean and sparkling. Depending on the size and number of your windows, this process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Power washing your windows is a quick and easy way to get streak-free results without the need for harsh or expensive chemical cleaners. If you follow these simple steps, you will be able to quickly and easily maintain the cleanliness of all of your windows!