Big Apple Window Cleaning evolved by learning, implementing and following strict IWCA and OSHA safety standards.
There are no options or second chances for safety in window cleaning. Like on a mine field, in window cleaning – safety is all or nothing. Always.
- In-house training program based on IWCA I-14 standard
- We only train people with no previous window cleaning experience
- We always assign at least 2 people for a job
- All tools must be on bungees at all times when exposed to heights
- We replace all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) for all our techs annually
- Daily PPE inspections and reports – mandatory and enforced
- Mandatory monthly safety training sessions for all staff
Peace of mind for our clients is number one aspect of all our operations. For this reason we carry industry leading insurance policies:
- $10 million General Liability policy
- $1 million Auto Insurance policy
- Workman’s Compensation
In recent years, insurance costs went up to levels unbearable for most small size companies. More and more even medium size companies are forced to seek compromises and settle for janitorial or cheap window cleaning policies with very limited or no coverage for window cleaning operations with height exposure above the 4th story.
To check what is covered by the insurance policy, simply call the phone number of an insurance broker listed on the provided COI (certificate of insurance) and ask whether the policy covers window cleaning operations and what the height limitation is.