How to Make Best Homemade Window Cleaner?
Window cleaner is a household essential, but it can be expensive to buy in stores. Here are 7 easy ways to make best homemade window cleaner. All of which use ingredients you probably already have in your home!
1) Vinegar and water mix: Mix vinegar with water at a ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 (depending on how strong you want the solution). Pour this into a spray bottle, shake well before spraying. This is safe for windows as well as mirrors and other surfaces that need cleaning. Be careful not to use too much vinegar if using this method because it will produce an unpleasant smell when combined with ammonia products like bleach cleaners.
2) Wipe down windows with white vinegar and dish soap mix: Mixing dish soap with white vinegar can also clean your windows. Simply add 1/4 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water and mix in a couple drops of dish soap. Use this like you would any other window cleaner-spray it on and wipe it off.
3) Club soda: Pour club soda into a spray bottle and use as you would any other window cleaner. This is ideal for cleaning windows that have light dirt or grime build-up.
4) Cornstarch: Mix cornstarch with water at a ratio of 1:4, then pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Spritz the solution on dirty windows and let it sit for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
5) Dryer sheets: Dryer sheets can be used to clean windows-static cling helps to dust and dirt. Simply wipe the dryer sheet over the surface of the window.
6) Lemon juice: Lemons are great for cleaning all around the house, and they can be used to make a window cleaner as well. Mix lemon juice with water at a ratio of 1:1 or 1:2, depending on how strong you want the solution. Pour into a spray bottle and use as needed.
7) Alcohol: Alcohol is another ingredient that can be used to make a DIY window cleaner. Mix it with water at a ratio of 2:1 before pouring into a spray bottle. You can also add a few drops of dish soap to this mixture to help cut through grime.